Mr. Mohamed Mahmoud Ahmed El-Etreby
Mr. Mohamed El-Etreby is a prominent banker with long-standing experience of more than 35 years in the banking sector.
Prior to joining Banque Misr, he was the CEO and Managing Director of the Egyptian Gulf Bank from January 2013 to December 2014. Mr. El-Etreby began his banking career in 1977, joining the Arab African International Bank (AAIB) and Crédit International d’Egypte Bank later on.
In 1983, he joined Misr International Bank (MIBank, currently Qatar National Bank Alahli), where he spent more than 22 years, during which he held several senior banking positions and acquired a wide range of experience in different key areas of the banking business.
In September 2005, he joined the Egyptian Arab Land Bank as Vice Chairman and Board Member. In 2009, he was appointed as the Managing Director of the Arab Investment Bank. In 2011, Mr. El-Etreby was rehired at the Egyptian Arab Land Bank as a Chairman.
In recognition of his great achievements, Mr. El-Etreby was appointed as the Chairman of the Egyptian Gulf Bank in 2013. Subsequently, he was appointed as the Chairman of Banque Misr in January 2015. He also serves as the Chairman of Banque Misr Liban (BML).
He graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in commerce from Ain Shams University in 1976.
Other Current Positions:
- Chairman, Union of Arab Banks
- Chairman, Federation of Egyptian Banks (FEB)
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, Banque Misr Foundation for Community Development
- Board Member, Egyptian General Company for Tourism and Hotels (EGOTH)
- Board Member, Misr Insurance Holding Company S.A.E.
- Board Member, General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI)
- Board Member, Ain Shams University (ASU)
- Board Member, Arab Contractors Company
- Board Member, National Investment Bank