A post-paid installment-based Murabaha program for financing the costs and expenses of internal and external tourism trips, whereby the customer first acquires a price list from the travel company, after which the Bank pays the value of the tourism trip services to the company; and subsequently executes the Murabaha process with the customer at the agreed profit margin. The total value of the Murabaha is subsequently divided (Murabaha sales value) over a number of installments, agreed by and between the Bank and the customer.
Tourism trip Murabaha is granted through the following finance schemes:
- Employees with a pledge from their employing company to transfer the monthly salary / installment.
- Employees with proof of income certificate
- Self-employed professionals and business owners with proof of income
- Loans guaranteed against savings deposits (Egyptians and foreigners)
- Pensioners / Pension Beneficiaries (with or without a pledge to transfer pensions)
General conditions for granting the Murabaha:
- Competitive rate
- The debtor must be at least 21 years old and not more than 65 years of age on the Murabaha maturity date (provided that the Murabaha expiry date does not surpass the employee’s tenure).
- Maximum cap for the Murabaha is EGP 400,000
- Financing up to 100% of the value of the trip
- Murabaha terms of up to 72 months
- Application of tourism trip Murabaha
- Copy of a valid national ID card
- Recent original utility bill (gas, electricity, water, telephone)
- Validated price list from the tourism company for the value of the requested trip
- A certificate of income is required
- Employer's pledge to transfer the monthly salary / installment
For self-employed, commercial and industrial business owners:
- Copy of tax card
- Official extract from the commercial registry for commercial and industrial activities
- Copy of permit to practice the profession, for self-employed
- Bank statement for the previous 6 months
- Statement of the monthly pension amount transferred to the Bank (in the case of pension transfer without the entity’s pledge).
- Pledge by the National Organization for Social Insurance or the entity mandated with pension transfer (in the case of pension transfer with the entity’s pledge).
- In compliance with the principles of Islamic Sharia and under the supervision of a Sharia Board
- Possibility of financing tourism trips for relatives up to the first degree
- Possibility of financing tourism trips for non-relatives against savings deposits
- Possibility of financing the spouse’s trip for tourism trip Murabaha product
- Financing the Hajj and Umrah trips of pensioners and Pension Beneficiaries
- Salary / installment is not required for government or private sector employees
- Free life and total disability insurance policy throughout the Murabaha period
*Terms and conditions apply